Skip to main content

layout

While busy creating this weekend I got thinking about what a 'scrapbook page' actually is, what should be on it?  I could hear comments about being a 'good scrapbooker' and I wondered if it matters.  Do you need to be a 'good scrapbooker' or can you just do and be happy with it.  Is it about the best papers, is it about having lots of product on your page, is it about the best looking photos?  I'm not sure these things are relevant.  They can be good to look at (beauty is in the eye of the beholder).  I thought about the pages I was creating.  For me it's a memory written down and shown in picutres.  I often add a title but I'm thinking that this is superfluous to the intention too.  I might need to do a series of title-less pages just for the sake of it so photos and story are truly the key components of a page.  As the weekend progressed I decided to scrap 'simply'.  My simple isn't lots of lined up squares with white card backing but rather a base paper or card with a photo on it.  Maybe another piece of patterned paper or two somewhere on the page.  Some stamping, a little embellishment, title lettering and a story.  I love to look at detailed pages, lots of layering and depth but more and more I am coming to realise that pages like these aren't my style.  This weekend I scrapped photos that weren't carefully composed, that weren't taken on an amazing camera.  They tell a story and prompt my memories to be written down.  That is enough.

Comments

KiwiMich said…
I agree, for me it's about recording the story with the pictures. Not whether I have all the latest product on there, or whether I am scrapping in date order. For me it is bright, fun and something for my kids to enjoy looking at.
Janine said…
For me it's the story, not the latest and greatest materials. At the moment I am using my project life kit from three years ago to record what we are doing to our house. For me its about the details, so we have something to look back on.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!

thunderpants inspired

Here it is Karen - inspired by thunderpants! Had fun doodling. Love that I found that quote - fits the pic very aptly! Got my hands on clean & simple the sequel by Cathy Z today - such a good read so far!!! Also got a letter from Pride Publishing - they want one of my A-Z Lo's for publication in issue 44 - so exciting (just wish I live with a bunch of scrappers who understand what this means to me - but then I 'd have to share my stash!). Donna also got a letter - congrats Donna! (her links down to the lower right of my blog) To all those scrap camping - this weekend - hope it's a good one at whichever camp you are at. I'm looking forward to mine next weekend!