Skip to main content

Sorting stuff

Since mid March I have been clearing clutter from our home (I have been trying to clear it from my body too). About six big bags of stuff that we don't need has gone to the Sallies. About the same amount has gone into the bin. My room and wardrobe were first. I wasn't fitting many of my clothes (thankfully too big rather than too small) so it made sense to start here. Next the linen cupboard and then the games cupboard. I'm still working on the office/spare room/Exercycle/music room...finding it tricky to define this room...Yesterday was the plates, bowls, pots and plastics drawers. Today I did the pantry. So many spaces to go but it feels good to look at the cleared ones:-)

Comments

Janine said…
Sounds like you have made great progress. I find it easier to do a room by room and the feeling you get afterwards is an amazing feeling.

Mike and I attacked our wardrobe and draws six weeks ago and it was great!! I liked the fact that someone else can get use out of what we let go.

We have one room left to sort through. We have a four week period to do this in as our new bed arrives then, and our exsisting bed will go in there so we can have a second spare guest room. :-)

I have free cycled some stuff and given some stuff to Mary Potter Hospice.

BTW I found our linen cupboard scary lol.....

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!