Skip to main content

Morning Walks


A whole lot of talk at www.scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz has made me decide that I need to update this more often - so it's worth people visiting! I have enjoyed checking out some other blogs tonight from links there.

I've been going for walks in the morning - we have a fantastic track less than 200 metres from our doorstep - the Arrowtown Anniversary Track. I get to walk around a beautiful river and enjoy stunning early morning skies - just check these out. The first two I took on Monday morning, the third - on Tuesday - winter is sooo on it's way - but don't the Mountains look stunning?
Today I went part way up Tobins track - a gradual climb. I was quite happy to keep going but only had half an hour so had to turn and come back down - watched the sun emerge which was fantastic - hugely pink skies - red in the morning, shepherds warning - and boy did it pour down less than an hour later - wonder if I'll get for my walk in the morning? Posted by Picasa

Comments

Unknown said…
Arrowtown would have to be one of the most beautiful spots you are so fortunate to live there. Do you go walking while the children are still asleep Lara?
Lara said…
absolutely - it's the best time. Jase does the breakfasts & lunches when they wake so I am extremely lucky!
Rach H said…
WOW Lara what a beautiful walk that must be every morning!!!
Love those photos, so now you got to do a LO with them!!!
hey thx for the congrats on the quest DTer. Quite excited about that. Did you apply for that + scrapbook outlet?
Rach
ps Arrowtown would be beautiful in Autumn??? Never been but can imagine it would be.
Lara said…
It's gorgeous - just got those pics from dm today - now have to decide which angle to do the layout from. I did try out for it too Rach - no harm in trying huh? Looking forward to Autum photos - the leaves are starting to turn along with the grapes!
Anonymous said…
Hi Lara, nice to have an update. Good luck with the DT submission at scrapbook outlet.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!