Friday, March 03, 2006

Piano

my latest layout - about the piano I was given on my 30th birthday - used to be my Grans - Purchased in 1960 with family benefit money. It is so nice being able to sit down and play - I've really missed this over the last couple of years (borrowed one in Auckland for a while). I don't love this layout though - not sure why?? (ideas welcome). I have extra photos so may have a play when I'm able. I think it needs more of a CathyZ clean and simple look??
I'm currently stalking www.scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz as three bugs in a rug is due in over the next 24 hours & I really want some. I just redeemed a $50 birthday voucher at www.kiwiscraps.co.nz - getting (if it's in stock) a retro flower - whale of a punch, 7 Gypsies stamp & some of the new bg papers & monograms. Hope it all comes through though - hate reading my accound online and realising not everything is coming & finding out later in the week (often takes a week for delivery) what isn't there - I am so hard to please!!! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to wait isn't it?? Especially when we think on-line means NOW.

Have you thought of perhaps matting your photo of the piano keys ... to separate it from the music paper?

Lara said...

You are right Fiona - but the closest LSS to me is in Cromwell - a 40 minute drive away (I know the owner - you there Nic? but I don't think she would be impressed with a night time call desperately wanting a pink brad).
Karen - your matting idea could work - I had wondered about some texture or modelling paste to separate it - maybe even some inked chipboard?

Donna said...

Hi Lara, thanks for stopping by my new blog!! I too love the look of all the new goodies due in store at SO. I'm trying soooo hard to stick to my new 'art budget' I've set myself, but may have to have a little spurge. Enjoy your new goodies when they arrive.

Unknown said...

Lara I think matting the photo too would be good although I think it looks good now.
Are you going to CC Cathy Z is going to be there.

Lara said...

I'd love to go to cc Dianna but my more serious side tells me that close to $1000 is too much to spend on my hobby - I'd rather spend that much on scrap stuff! I'll just make do with some 'virtual' challenges while you are all there & look forward to our scrap camp on Queens Birthday Weekend!

Becky said...

I just got my 3bugs stuff and haven't had a chance to scrap - GRRRR! Hope you get everything you want!!

Unknown said...

Lara a friend of mine just had Lyposuction(?) and I said to her going to cc is liking have half a leg done. Tash and I are doing the classes to help pay for us to go and I dread to say it considering scrap camp in Rotorua.
I'm sure your scrap camp will be great too.

Rach H said...

Lara wow I think this is a fantastic LO!!! LOVE the photo of the keys!!!!!
How clever to play the paino - something I would love to do oneday!!!
You have being scrapping up a storm with all new product + they look fantastic too!!!
Oh i sooooo know what you mean about having a parcel + its missing some of your order due not in stock - FRUSTRATING!!!
Rach