Skip to main content

Paddock Cricket @ Waitiri

Jase called me up at Playcentre yesterday & suggested I head out for their Paddock Cricket Fundraiser lunch. I went out, knowing fully that it was because he wanted some pictures! The BBQ was great - met some fascinating people & sat in the sun watching cricket for an hour - the Waitiri team playing the radio station team. The whole event raised $18,000.00 for a local family who have a child that was diagnosed with Leukaemia just before Christmas. I had to leave to pick Alicia up from school. I'm now looking forward to a long weekend - Otago Anniversary Day on Monday, though Jase is working on Saturday & Sunday - I'm heading out of here on Monday - the company of another scrapper beckons!

Man - I'm so proud of me - just figured out how to put in the URLs!


 Posted by Picasa

Comments

Becky said…
So does that mean you are scrappin all Monday?? I'm so jealous!

Wow! 18k, that's great!
Rach H said…
WOW its so dry looking there.
yay for you getting some time for yourself. Enjoy it.
Ok show off how do you link like that? I was only asking that in my blog today.
Rach
Donna said…
It is looking very dry there. What a fun day. Have a great long weekend.
Anonymous said…
congrats on the new tricks!!
have a lovely Monday Otago holiday
Anonymous said…
Lucky Public Holiday on Monday, Auckland sucks...........lol, we expect to see heaps of layouts next week!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!