Skip to main content

at the Farm


Just for one night... term break but swimming lessons for the children this week... so had to come back home. good thing I like my own bed! Before we left on Sunday evening I took these photos. Jase was taken with how nice these hens were, I love their colourings! Mum sold a couple on Trademe for $150.00 for the pair... normally they are about $25 each! She has 30 something chicks at various stages at the moment - some in the office, the glass house...& I think she had to move some out of the bedrooms so there were places for us to sleep too!


Love that these hens (& the rooster) get such a free life - true free range!


Don't these goats look contented?

OK, need to stop procrastinating & do some stuff!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Jenny said…
I would love to have some hens, Lara unfortunately I'll have to continue relying on free-range egss at the supermarket
Anonymous said…
I feel like I should break into song and sing Old McDonald had a farm. Wow at 30 chicks at different stages though.
Anonymous said…
Ooooh I'm trying to convince Mum and Dad to get some hens. Now that they've moved off the farm I think they need some 'hobby' animals to look after. Enjoy your holidays.
Penny said…
I am always tempted by the thought of eggs but I think hens would be a bit too much for me right now. I'll stick to the free range eggs... very excited to discover an outfit that deliver them for very good price!
KiwiMich said…
DH wants to build a hen house in the backyard so he can have fresh eggs - somehow I don't think the neighbours would like it! LOL! Maybe in a few years time when we get a bigger patch of dirt ;)
angie said…
i love those photos! and the hen is so pretty! i used to have chickens when we lived on a farm, and i miss them so. i would love to have them again someday. thanks for the smile:)
angie from SIS
Anonymous said…
Love those hens! Too cute :)
Twobees said…
Beautiful hen Lara, wow at your mum getting $150 a pair, that is amazing. Makes me "nearly" want to breed them LOL.
Were down to 2 now, gave a few away to friends who wanted some, just two left now. Thought theyd gone off the lay, till yesterday I lifted a branch in the hedge and there was 36 eggs there, kids had a ball breaking them LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!