Skip to main content

NZ Dare 53

The Dare: to scrap the weird + strange,
am I allowed to say that my kids are weird and strange? LOL - just sometimes :-)


This dare was very cool... not so much a challenge but more of a dare, perfect :-) Love dares like this to push you out of your zone of scrapping some of those perfectly posed photos with beautiful colours. thanks for a fun dare Rach!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh, I like those ... especially the second one! Great mixing of papers, patterns, and colours! You do that so well and it always looks awesome.
Niella said…
F A B Lara!!

So happy to see you used some RK&P stuff too....you are so clever and creative. Love it!!

Put my dare layout up too. What a fun subject that dare was:)
Karen L said…
Oh Lara love these layouts - such cool photos to scrapbook for this dare too. Love your choice of papers and colours also.
Unknown said…
LOL I love the subject matter of both layouts. They could both so happen or have happened in my house. I love that you scrapbooked them.

Great layouts.
KiwiMich said…
You have definitely been scrapping up a storm lately Lara! Very cool layouts - love those new 'kits' you purchased!
Rach H said…
oh I wondered where you got those FUN wee products from!!
Love these 2 LO's!!
thx for playing along!!
Lainie said…
Love the bright colours in the top one but I love how you used the Hoot paper in the second, more. So glad to be here!
Mel said…
Oh, yes, my kids are weird and strange sometime (and Mr 8 says to me "why are you so weird, Mum?" sometimes!).

Lovely layouts

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!