Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Jase


Feel like I'm on this computer waaaayyyy too much! But yet haven't been blogging much, nor visiting blogs eitheer! Anyway - yesterday was Jases birthday - check out the vase (about 50-60cm high) filled with vahlrona chocolate mousse & other yummy bits (the chef @ Waitiri made it for him). Check out Alicia's chocolate grin.


I put together these bags after checking one out in Scrapbook Creations - but made it mine with a few changes. Really like how these came out & hope to teach a few people on Saturday & our 12 hour Wakatipu Scrap 'n' Chat how to make them - have put together a couple of kits for making them. Loved scrunching up the patterned papers (the original instructions used fabric) - though was hesitant at the start! Playing with beads was heaps of fun too. The inside boasts a series of pockets made out of envelopes - kind of like a concertina folder. Love how the same design looks so different just by using different patterned papers!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yummo chocolate and cute pic! Lara those bags are so cool, I love them. I love how the scrunched paper actually does resemble a fabric texture. Did the mag come with a template or did you make it up because I'm sure to have that mag do you know what issue? Whatever the answer you did a fabulous job, well done :)
Unknown said…
I agree with Lisa those bags are just gorgeous I was thinking of doing something like that for Arwens 3rd birthday invites the problem is most of her friends are boys.
Hope the class goes well.
Mel said…
Those bags are cool - I want one (I collect little evening bags!)!
Roo said…
Those bags are way too cool. Now I did tell you when my birthday was didn't I? lol. Chocolate looks goooood too - yummo!
Delys said…
YUMMMM...that choc vase looks divine! I just love your bags ...they are beautiful and youve just done a lovely job with them are they easy to do?
Anonymous said…
Love your bags Lara. Isn't it special that every one is unique simply because of the paper combinations - gorgeous!
Meg McKenzie said…
Hi Lara

Love the cherry arte papers in the bags, way too cute!
Donna said…
LOVE your bags. The second one is divine too! That chocco sounds divine also - LOL at Alicia.
Happy Birthday to Jase! So many peoples birthdays around now! In my family anyway!
With you on the computer. I'm feeling a bit guilty.
Have fun at your crop! So envious...
anonymous jones said…
Wow! Never seen one of those before! You have just expanded my chocolate horizons!!
Anonymous said…
Oh, now I'm drooling. LOL.

The bags are divine. The papers are so cute and can just imagine how much fun you had.
Ali said…
Saw these in the mag and meant to give them a go. Wow, yours look sooooooo cool Lara. May have to give one a go for Caitlin for her birthday - she LOVES bags!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!