Wednesday, May 31, 2006

7G's & scrap camp

Put this together last week for a competition on Scrap-Tastic where you had to use 50% 7Gypsies products. Think I managed, didn't win though but had fun playing with such vibrant patterned papers. mixed them with so Daisy D's. I love how my daughters hang out to make things. After seeing what Eli did on Mels blog they explored the art website & decided to do some quilling. Alicia was quite the expert & was coy about the fact she had already done it at school. They made some fantastic flower pictures. Thanks for that link Mel - it's going to be a life saver as it continues to get colder down here (& we need more firewood!!!!) and we do lots of inside stuff.

Have spent time this evening sorting the photos I hope to scrap this weekend @ ARSC. I can't believe how many layouts I have that I want to scrap - hopefully I'll make a dent - if I'm not talking too much!

I've been exploring my first scrapbook books over the last week. Read Clean & Simple the sequel by Cathy Z in the weekend & love her work but have decided that's so not me. I still love her philosophy though that it has to be fun. Today I got the Autumn Leaves Freestyle book from SE. It is way more me but I'm astounded at the creativity & ideas that some scrappers can come up with, I do still have hang ups about things being acid free, lignin free, fade resistant etc cause I'm doing this for the long term not for the next 30 years!

Huge congrats to Andrea & Leith of the Scrapbook Outlet as they had their twin boys - Oliver & Kayne last week. Andrea is amazing & is working on the SO newsletter which should still go out within the first couple of weeks of June as well as caring for her new babies! The things women can do:-)

I must go & get this fire pumping out some heat - my fingers are getting cold!

Catch you after ARSC (A Royal Scrap Camp). Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Meg McKenzie said...

Love the layout Lara - inspired to get 7Gypsies in my work now! Looking forward to see what ideas you come up with after reading Freestyle!

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout,looking forward to reading the Freestyle myself. As for Cathy's book, I look her books and they are a great read, but I can't imagine doing anything ultra simple as I can never resist to keep adding to my layouts to fill every space.......lol, as for Andrea and twins, reminds me of me when I gave birth and had to get back home to bank the wages!!!! LOL
THINGS WE DO!!!!!

Unknown said...

Have fun at camp. Congradulations on the A-Z LO.

Twobees said...

Great layout Lara. :) It is cooling down now isn't it? I haven't seen the freestyle book yet but it sure sounds lovely.

Mel said...

So pleased you had a look at the Art Attack site (it's a TV programme on the Disney Channel on Sky,too). We love it.

I laughed when you said the girls tried quilling. Quilling was the very first paper art I ever did. Years ago (like 20!). My workmates used to pay me to make quilled cards. And I have never used quilling on a layout - what is wrong with me!

Anonymous said...

Lara, the layout is just gorgeous, love the colours, and I love the writing, very clever. Love 7 Gypsies, just don't use a lot of it. I hope you enjoy camp. I can't wait to see the freestyle book either.

Carole

Anonymous said...

Lara

How was scrap camp? I got Cathy Z sequal this weekend and have not finished it yet. I have to say so far I like her philosophy and funnily enough the last six or seven layouts I have created are very simple. I think simple suits me. I can't wait to get my hands on freestyle though. Love the layout!!