Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday

Well, today's been a really normal day!
Woke up, asked for espresso in bed - and actually got it (making the day not so normal to start with). Dh & I got children ready for school & playcentre, briefly discussed our days then I drove into QT for work with daughter #2 (DS is still at Granny's). Set up Playcentre, joined children in their play, observed children involved in play, tidied up after children, sang some songs, read some stories, and sang our goodbye song. Now I'm home and on the computer - absolutely no surprises there.

The fishing trip was rather non-productive fish wise - they say they saw at least 15! but they enjoyed their time away as I also did! I haven't done any scrapping all week - to much other work to do but I have just purchased my pre-pay to get some photos developed meaning I can do some next week. I have been mulling over what to base my abc album on for the for keeps competition if I ever get around to ordering some of the alphaworks papers. I've also been planning an 8 hour crop in our area (no LSS here) and am considering the type of advertising I need to do & what sort of little 'spot prizes' to organise as well as some challenges & demos to keep the day moving. I'm really looking forward to it.

I did some collage with children at Playcentre yesterday and was thinking how similar some of the collage processes are to scrapping as well as looking closely at some things the children were doing and thinking how well that could go on a layout. Someone did call scrapbooking 'grown up collage' once. Well, I'd better do some paper work so I can have my week end free to scrap!

Lara

3 comments:

lianne said...

Lara sounds like a beautiful place you live in there.
I work in a school office and I'm often inspired by some of the techniques and ideas the children use in their art work in the classrooms.

Delys said...

Hi lara, WD on doing this blog...Im trying to work it all out myself too!. Im an ex playcentre mum as well and had sooo much fun doing any craft with my child!Here is my blog link. Hope you having fun with your latest CJ. Cheers Delys
http://rowanzblogs.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Mel said...

Hi Lara

Great to see your blog up and running - have been thinking about doing one myself - you have got me motivated!

Cheers

Mel