Tuesday, October 25, 2005

alone

Had a fantastic labour day yesterday. Sat at Waitiri Creek Winery listening to a Jazz band (Continuum) fromm Whangarei, eating scallop salad and enjoying 'Harriet Rose' (a wine). My daughters ran around going for lizard hunts in the rocks, enjoyed a whitebait fritter sandwich with garlic aoli and a hokey pokey ice-cream. It was a fantastic sunny afternoon.

Dh arrived home (after cleaning up from the Jazz at work) and informs me that he, the chef & his fiance are taking my daughters away fishing in Naesby! So I am now alone in my home. Since getting home from work I have cleaned the sliding door windows, hung out some washing and am now back on the computer but I really should be doing a bit more housework.

I have really enjoyed reading some blogs lately from some scrappers - am loving the Heidi Swapp Jeans that I'm seeing on some of them. Must give this a go! I have a few projects on the go at the moment - mini album, mag submission topics, scrap canvas of my son, Christmas cards & letter, Circle Journal entry and am working on some introduction to scrapbooking lesson plans as well as some off the page workshops although I am still to decide definitely to run the workshops - but if I want more people to 'scrap' with I need to introduce people in our community to this art & then maybe move into retail - but who knows what the future holds!

OK, so I need to do some work around this house - summers here & haven't done a spring clean (it needs it I'm thinking as I look around this computer desk with piles of papers, books, albums, work stuff, discs and cords all over - and that's just in this particular square metre of the house!).

Lara

No comments: