Sunday, October 30, 2005

blogging

So this blogging thing is really addictive (almost as addictive as scrapping but without the real sense of achievement when a layout is complete).
Planted sunflower seeds with children at Sunday School this morning. They loved the hands on activity and had a fantastic knowledge of plants and how they grow (aged 3-5). They all had big smiles when they went to go home with their flower pots just awaiting their TLC so a plant can grow.
I completed a scrapcanvas for my son last night (he's still with mum in Dunners) as I've had one for each of the girls up for a while but had to try to get a 'study' photo of him that I could do up too and finally did. I'm quite pleased with it. Will upload it later.
I want to do some scrapbooking, in fact am itching to do some but need to wait for my photos to arrive as I'm completely out. I'm just finishing off a mini album for my MIL - using some older copies of photos she gave me & putting them in a concertina album - the bits I won from a For Keeps competition 'Megs Garden'. It's fun using stuff that I haven't had to purchase, I'm a bit less frugal.
Was checking out some blogs yesterday and from linking from one to another & then another I read about the idea of spending time in different arts disciplines or creative persuits and how this refreshes us for scrapbooking - thanks for the links whoever (I can't remember who/where). It confirmed why I knit, cross stitch, make cards, garden, paint and develop newsletters on the computer - just so I can scrap better!

1 comment:

Delys said...

Cool blog Lara, cant wait to see your scrapcanvas! I know what you mean about itching to scrap a layout...most frustrating! 141 photos ...wow!