Monday, October 24, 2005

me

Kia Ora
Greetings from Arrowtown, NZ. I'm sure I live in one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand! I've just decided to explore this blogging thing because I enjoy reading other peoples ones so much I thought I'd add to the collection! This will be a brief first post as I need to tidy up our home after a quick trip to Dunedin (three hours drive) last night for my dad's 51st birthday dinner and I plan to head out to my husband's work (Waitiri Creek Winery) to hear a Jazz band that is playing there - and to 'scrap' the ocassion as a magazine is asking for sumbissions on 'enjoying the fruit and wine produce of NZ'.

The title of my blog site comes from my main choice of activities (scrapbooking) and my children's initials (Katya, Ethan and Alicia - KEA)

I'm a mum of three, my eldest daughter started school in June so now I only have two at home -an almost four year old daughter and son who is two and a half. The main focus in our home at the moment is fishing, scrapping and toilet training.

Our fishing interest has grown from seeing fish swimming in the river just 200 metres from our house, I quickly went online, bought a family fishing licence, my husband got our fishing gear and set out do get a fish for supper! He caught one later that evening, we smoked it and had it with a fresh mesculin salad - it was great! Almost every evening one or all of us are out fishing. Friends also join us with varying luck. Yes I've been taking photos of this emerging family craze so can scrap them later!

I have been scrapping for almost two years and the idea of it as a hobby has evloved into more of an addiction and I can't seem to get enough of it (hence blog reading). I've just started submitting to magazines and have my first ever submission being published in a New Zealand Magazine (Up2Scrap) in November - yeah for me. Needless to say I'm inspired to submit more and my photography is sometimes more about photo's for upcoming submission deadlines than family moments and memories! I enjoy it regardless of the purpose so for now that's fine.

Toilet training is more of a necessity than a fun activity (I want more money for scrapping so need to save on nappy costs - well that's part of the reason, the other part is that he knows when he needs to go but seems to pick and choose!) I have left him at mum's for the week so hopefully she can have him all trained before she drops him off!

Better get cleaning the house so I can enjoy some Jazz on this sunny day in the Wakatipu!

1 comment:

nic said...

LOl at the main interests in your home being fishing scraping and toilet training... toooo true. LOL. its about the same with mine.. well give it 6 months and it will be!

nic