Skip to main content

who knew...

this making of bath and beauty products could be so consuming?  After Janines workshop last weekend I have made my family try out different products and ideas, they haven't complained... much.

Today we tried a chocolate bath milk.  Ethan actually tasted it, it did smell tasty but I didn't like the fact that I had to clean the chocolate residue from the bath afterwards, the other bath milks haven't been a problem nor the bath salts.  A hot day today meant that the peppermint foot soak went down a treat and each family member sports their very own lip balm - chocolate, orange, rose and peppermint, all a little different, trying out different oils and sweeteners.

We have been trailing Wendyl's liquid hand soap this week and so far it's all good.  Playing with a linen spray idea.

Next challenge is to have a go at making bath bombs and some castile soap.

All good, but I really should be writing school reports...some things are a bit more interesting...

Comments

Janine said…
sounds like you have been having some fun Lara. Yeah, the chocolate one is messy. We made one in class and my class mates had tried it out and said messy very messy, so I decided not to use mine....love the smell but the mess nope....not so much.

I made a version of handsoap for my final assignment, mine is pretty liquidy....which has taken some getting used too.

Love love lip balms and there are so many differen't ones you can make.
KiwiMich said…
I had a nice long soak in a bath last night with my vanilla fizzy bath salts! Going to make some time after christmas to have a play with the other recipes some more!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!