Skip to main content

Buttons & Sugar


Both sweet :-)
got some more buttons last weekend (via trademe)... still short on green ones... but the kids had a ball sorting them into the different jars based on colour.
When grocery shopping I spotted some newish pams packaging - both the white sugar and brown sugar have cool scrapbooker scallop borders and scallop circles & cupcakes to boot!!!. Cute. Almost makes me want to bake.



Big thanks to Aussie Scrap Source... I'd entered layouts in some challenges they set using different techniques, ideas and products... & on Friday I picked up a yummy package of Luxe papers and some Rose Moka (new to me, yummy, bright, thick papers) and some Luxe die cut journaling thingies as well as some Pink Paislee stamps. how cool was that. very generous!

It's the last week (of ten total) of SIS Project Runway for me... so after 3pm I might share some more of the things I have created for this. Have really enjoyed the challenges... really got me thinking out side my box and thinking about what it is I like on my pages and things and what I value as well as knowing I only like to create things that have a purpose... not just making them 'because'! I think it's helped me know my style a little more???!!! maybe :-)

Also... keep an eye on the gallery at SBO and on the blog too as new stuff is coming on there regularly (check out the Fiskars punch work by Donna & Vicky) and I see the gallery has some layouts using the yummy September Kit by the dt! Fun.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Mel said…
I,too, had noticed that new sugar packaging. Kind of retro - I like it.
Anonymous said…
Very cool packaging! Amazing how you can find scrapping inspiration all over the place ;-)
Love buttons too!

Oh, and I am really loving the September SBO kit which arrived last week ... you did a great job designing it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!