Skip to main content

knitting

I've wanted to do the knitting thing for a while.... finally did it - initially prompted by Donna Downey's bag & then by some scrapping friends projects too - Mel has done some gorgeous bags that were on her blog a while ago too! I'm not sure why these lines are here sorry with my typing, but you can still read it ! I'm house sitting for mum & dad as they fly out tonight. Was in Dunedin on Wednesday & popped into spotlight where I got these 'knitting machines' for the girls - like the old cotton reel with nails in - but pink/purple & sparkly LOL.

the concentration was intense as you can see (yes Katya's finger is often there..). Alicia has persevered & made quite a long tube - we are going to stuff it & make it into a snake. I did a quick web search for things we could make with these tubes, but didn't find much. I'm thinking finger puppets could be good as it's the right circumference for some fingers :-)
Here's the bags I've made, kind of adapted some patterns to suit (how unusual - me doing something different LOL) but I'm planning on 'felting' the two hanging above but keeping the one below as is.
OK, now I need to get thinking some more about things for this market day next Saturday, thanks heaps for your suggestions - feel free to post more in the relevant posts comments below too as I won't draw some names till next Saturday evening (21 April). Kind of waiting for some parcels - Rural Delivery will slow things though - hope they get here early next week.

I've been pouring over some fabulous entries for the Get Real comp at Scrapbook Outlet & decisions are soo hard when all are fantastic - love that people had the chance to scrap what their lives are like now & the 'real' stuff that goes on for them - kind of fits with a thread at Scrapbook Outlet about scraping ourselves that was brought home to one of the 'survivors' with the recent passing of a loved one. I think the winners of this amazing competition will be announced tonight!

I'm looking forward to seeing the next round of entries for the Survivor comp too! I love food and the challenge of scrapping recipes is right up my alley!

While here I hope to catch up with some friends & to check out the Farmers Market near the trainstation tomorrow, maybe the aquarium, Moana, the beach if it gets warmer (snow on the Maungatua - brrr....), any other ideas? Read in the ODT today that they've been frost fighting back at the Gibbston Valley Wineries - Waitiri was mentioned - they get out the helicopters to try to keep the air circulating & there are big windmil things there too, reads like it was successful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gosh I remember the old cotten reel and nail type knitters lol. I also had a long rectangle plastic one as well. Then I progressed to needles and hate it. Love ya bags Lara.
Anonymous said…
Cool bags!! I also remember those old knitting machines. We used them at school. But I have to ask ... isn't it freezing cold down there? It is here! Katya must be so cold with no shirt on!! Mind you that picture could have been taken earlier in the week when it was summer, right?! LOL ;-)
Anonymous said…
Cool bags. Maybe the kids could use the tubes to make a draught stopper and put a face on one end.
Karen L said…
Those bags look pretty neat Lara - you have been one busy lady. Great to see the kids doing it with you too.
Jenny said…
Make some more bags for your craft stall!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....