Saturday, April 14, 2007

freestyle

Over at Scrapbook Outlet we've set a 'freestyle challenge' - especially for those not at freestyle events this weekend - hope you are all having a blast by the way.... wish I was there too! all that inky, painty, creating - fantastic! Well the challenge can be found here.

freestyle - well what is it? a style that is free....... so anything goes right!
heat - pink heat embossing on the 'swirl' & use of hot pink bling bazzill
rubber transfer - the title was stamped on paper then cut out & adhered, the journaling is in a stamped frame from the first SBO Kit (a Rach design).

& because I had so much fun with this one, I did another!
freestyle - well anything goes :-)
heat - 'summer' - one of the hot days LOL
rubber transfer - my trusty 'photolog' stamp (catslife press - can be found at glamour girl) & the title (summer) again - Andrea at SBO got these in just for a few of us who NEEDED them LOL.

I was 'free' to scrap as we found out last night that there is no space for us at the Arrowtown Market - now why didn't they say on their site that it was full in Feb rather than putting up the .pdf forms in March with no indication of that..... & why didn't they let us know when they received the cheque 3 weeks ago.... no worries :-) we have some other plans LOL & I'm sorted for birthday gifts for the next year! I'll still draw for the RAKS next Saturday evening too :-)

House Sitting is going well - had my first round of chores this morning - feeding the hens, the goat (a kid really & she's soo cute) & the dog. Got an email reminding me to water the tomatoes too. Dad had left the tank for the house water filling & I was to turn it off this morning..... I spent ages following the hose to find the tap to turn it off.... no such luck, considered ringing by Brother In Law in case he knew where it was but checked the water running in (it had a pellet on it) & found the tap on that end of the hose - I must be such a townie! (pleased I found that out before ringing my BIL though!). Hope you are having fun in the heat mum & dad, still really windy here - gales really & sky has 'rain fade'... we purchased charlottes webb so the kids are watching that at the moment....

I hear the winner & runner ups for Get Real will be announced sometime this weekend.... FUN!

Don't forget to get in your votes for this round of Scrapbook Outlet Survivor (when the gallery is up) if you have 100 posts too. There's been a forum survivor challenge & the poll is up at the moment for that too!

7 comments:

Twobees said...

Sorry to hear that you couldn't go ahead with the stall. Inconsiderate of them not to let you know I think.

Anonymous said...

love the layouts Lara. I got a few stamps the other week from Glamour Girls. Great service. Gosh thats annoying about the fair, however like you said that frees up some time now.

Anonymous said...

Great freestyle layouts!!!
Bummer about the Arrowtown Market, I can't believe they took your cheque when they were fully booked - that's pretty rude! :-0
Maybe you should book now for next year? ;-)

Ilka said...

Like your Lo's Lara!
Strange indeed they took your cheque in the first place, but as you said, plenty good ideas to 'actualize' somewhere else.

Karen L said...

Great freestyle Layouts Lara. Especially love the first one. Sorry you didn't get into the markets, and I hope you are having a really nice relaxing time (if that is possible) housesitting.

Donna said...

Love your 2nd freestyle layout too!
Lol you Townie. I'd probably be the same now.
We're going to hire Charlottes web later too, now that Anna has finally finished the book!

Anonymous said...

Shame about the market .. ah well, time for other things :)