Skip to main content

from the junk heap

another DCM challenge - this was a mid week one -The fabric on here is an ex-swatch from an interior designer & would have been thrown out if not rescued by a fellow scrapper/stamper/cardmaker & shared - thanks Ali :-). I stamped on it with stazon & added the name plate also with a stamp on it.

Comments

Kathy said…
Well done that Scavenging Srapper!

The contrasts of the rough hessian and the delicate pattern on the frame along with the brown and pink colours make a great card.
Gillian said…
Oh I'm so glad you did this one... cause it's just gorgeous!
Jane said…
wow ! lovely work as always Lara. You have a very good eye for colours. just lovely.
LesleyC said…
Looks great Lara. Thanks for the comment on my rainbow layout. The title and journalling was printed out on one plain piece of vellum. I used different colour text boxes in word with 'white' letters to create the title. I cut out the squares and overlapped them and then cut out the journalling separately. Hope that answers your question.
Twobees said…
Fantastic Lara. :)
Was absolutely supurb meeting you last week. I am soooooooo looking forward to the retreat, how many weeks to go???? :)
Saffa said…
OOh Thats a fab fab fab card! I love the colour and texture combination!

xxsaffa
Chrissy said…
Wow that's lovely Lara! Hope your darling ones are on the mend from the Chicken Pox, poor poppets...

Love Chrissy xx
Donna said…
Hope the kids are all over the c/pox now!! I love that layout & the photo is such a classic!!
Rach H said…
LOVE the card.....and the LO - poor kid. Hope they are all over it now?

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!