Friday, January 19, 2007

DCM -in the wardrobe



Inspiration from the wardrobe was this weeks dare. I love blues & greens so naturally these translated into my cards this week! The above is a top & below is a neckace I made at our Scrap Retreat last year - make & take run by the fabulous Nik (thanks Nik).
I had fun making this card with the blues & greens & experimenting with some new embossing powders (blue & holographic) as well as the embossing heat gun that I got with my FK award voucher (thanks for shopping for me Lynley). I stamped a catslife press 'dream' stamp in the middle & used a mod frame. Topped with a bazzill flower & MM gem sticker. the paisley stamp is a hero arts one.

I just used a square of left over paper for this one, inked the edges with blue versamark cube & cut the words with george in my cricut. I added some more MM gems on for interest - simple but appropriate for a 'sympathy' type card.

My remaining two children now have chicken pox (I'm pleased they both have it together!). I am at mums & will probably head home tomorrow - when they are perhaps less itchy.

There's going to be a UFO focussed chat @ SBO tonight - check the forum for info about a RAK relating to it....

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Love these cards, the colours look so pretty and fresh.
The stamping and frame on the first one look great and I love that font you've used on the second.

Great cards, Lara. Hope the kids are better soon

Gillian said...

Oh Completely Stunning Lara... Your designs are always fresh and fab! :o)
Hope your cherubs are soon better

Anonymous said...

Love the colours. Yummy.