Skip to main content

The Bridge

We had fish & chips by this bridge that has been fixed up as part of the Wakatipu Trails Trust (sets up & maintains walkways around the Wakatipu). And just because it was a bridge we had to cross it! The Karawau Jets went under while we crossed it - if you look between some of the planks you can see the water.

My mums 50th Birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN! I'm hoping to head down in the weekend to see her & the rest of the whanau! Including #2 daughter who's been away since April 1st!
Still have to complete my A-Z, have some DT projects/Lo's on the go, have Mum & Dad's 50th mini album to complete & want to alter some tins - better get moving! Put dinner in the crock pot earlier so can get more done. Posted by Picasa

Comments

anonymous jones said…
Hurrah, a Kiwi! I browse blogs all the time and you are the only one I have ever found!! My precious! Stop by at my blog if you have time one day!
Mel said…
How lovely to see a photo of you in there - love it!
Donna said…
What gorgeous photos. I'd love to come down in Autumn. Must remember that next year!
Hey good luck getting your A to Z finished. I'm on my last one YAY. Bit of a panic as I'm going away for easter!! I was so over it until I put them all in a new album today & showed the family, and thought I've pushed myself in new ways doing this so that has to be good.
How many do you have to go?
Anonymous said…
good to see your photo ... don't want to join the self-portrait tuesday challenge do you???
Lara said…
I've thought about it Karen -but then you'd be on my back as well as Mels cause I would forget! (smiling)
Anonymous said…
great photos Lara, they are all great, love the bridge scenery too, sounds as though you are keeping ultra busy with all your scrap stuff on the go.
Anonymous said…
Hey Lara, I don't press ... just motivate!! LOL
Unknown said…
Lara forgot to say thanks for sending me that info on reducing LO sizes for submissions haven't used it yet as having a busy week but will sort it this weekend.
nic said…
Good luck on the A-Z!! You can DO IT!

nic
Anonymous said…
Love your pics. Especially the bridge one.

Good luck finishing off your A-Z!
Becky said…
Happy belated B-day mom :)

Gotta love the crock pot! I don't know what i would do without it!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!