Thursday, November 10, 2005

Playcentre

I'm off to Dunners tomorrow for a Playcentre training weekend where I'm sitting in on some courses in order to then facilitate the workshops next year. I have a whole weekend away without my children and am staying with Mum & Dad tomorrow night then my sister & brother inlaw on Saturday night. Guess what - I'm not going to take any scrapping stuff with me! I'll be taking my camera and notebook though and see what inspiration I get from mums pile of house mags and from grey old Dunedin.
I've been playing around with ideas for the For Keeps A-Zalbum today and its starting to take some sort of shape. Found www.aussiescrapsource.com to be fantastic as they have a competition section where a design team has all their ideas for pages A-I on the site (have seen some of these in For Keeps) - great inspiration.
I've also been organising an eight hour scrap in the Wakatipu and there seems to be a lot of interest - I'm worried that there aren't enough tables at the church and may have to hire some! We have some donated spot & challenge prizes from Nik Naks in Cromwell (I'd love more suggestions for these as I'm new to this and so are some of the people coming!). Check out our informational blog for this at www.wakatipuscrappers.blogspot.com - yes now I run not one blog but two - a bit funny that I only learned how to blog a couple of weeks ago.
We looked at another house today that would have been great for us but there are water damaged skirting boards in the two bathrooms (the house is only a couple of years old!) so it just makes us a bit more disillusioned about the whole idea of buying a house and maybe we'll just stay put for now.
Enough from me, must sleep, work tomorrow, drive to Dunedin tomorrow!

2 comments:

Delys said...

Have a great time in Dunedin, Lara..I used to live there when I was in my early teens. Must go back there to visit! Sounds like you are one busy woman with the playcentre and your RnS...thats sounds awesome BTW. Hope you get lots of people turning up and they enjoy themselves.

Yolande said...

Good luck with the Playcentre thing - I did that new training too - i was 1 paper off finishing Level 3 but my life changed and well now I'm back fulltime working. Its so frustrating that they are so much stricter on Playcentres these days. I too remember flying to Dunedin for conference... and good luck on your crops too.