Friday, November 04, 2005

humidity

Kia Ora
It feels like Auckland in Arrowtown today! Really zaps my energy. Mum still has Ethan (should be bringing him back tomorrow). It's been a busy week but don't really have anything concrete to show for it which is really frustrating. I picked up my 141 photos on Wednesday and now they are taunting me - I have so many I don't know where to start!

I met with some friends on Wednesday night who are stampers. It was great as I've never really explored stamps much and lately I've been wanting to check them out (an insert in a magazine all about stamping sparked this). We looked at magazines and talked about colours for a layout before deciding that we needed to set ourselves a project. We each left with a slide mount, an embossed stamp image, some shim and some copper tape and a skeleton leaf as well as an A5 black card and an A5 brown card. Our challenge is to create a card using these and anything else we want before we meet again. (will post it when I've finished). I also came away with some mica which I've never used before and I'm on the hunt for ideas (google here I come).

When I got home with my photos I sat down and matched them with cardstock but that's as far as I've got. I've also purchased some clip boards that I'm going to alter for Christmas gifts. Thinking of Christmas, I made a list the other day of the bits I need so will have to order some canvas from www.artsupplies.co.nz next week or wait till I get to Dunedin next weekend and go to Warehouse stationary. Also spotted some great A5 card packs at www.cardmakers.co.nz which I intend to order this week too - really should do my Christmas cards!

With Ethan coming home tomorrow I am removing his 'blanket' - he hasn't had it for the last two weeks so I don't think he needs it. This means I have also had to talk to the girls about removing theirs too. The are currently cutting out the shapes on them to make into some art for their walls, a layout is on the cards for this one - "I can't live without my blanket" - I'll have to sneak some of their shapes for it before they get glue on them.

We have our school fair tomorrow & Jase has agreed to bake some chocolate espresso shortbread (one of my favourite biscuits) tonight as each family needs to provide some baking and these keep really well.

Should stop procrastinating and get on with some scrapping!
Ka kite ano!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Stamping is great - I have 5 million stamps and just ebfore I closed my shop I bought 30 (!) ink pads. My Mum comes around peridoically and we stamp away and make cards and stuff. Still not great at it but we get out the mags and follow the instructions for a project. I'd definitely recommend a Versa mark (watermark) ink pad - you can make some cool stuff with one of those.

(That shortbread sounds wonderful!)

Mel