Skip to main content

Learning to use a new toy

And there is so much to learn!  Who knew?  On getting a DSLR I decided that I needed to use it in manual.  I haven't used it in full auto.  Mainly using Apperture priority and really love using the 50mm 1.8 lens - cheapest lens but love the depth of field it helps create with photos.  I am also enjoying using 'Light Room' to edit my photos but did use Picasa to create the collages for this post.  With the weather reports...I might get to take some snow photos before the weeks out.

I think people are my key photography subjects.  I think I like trying to capture who they are. e.g. my rather scruffy middle daughter, the pensive oldest and the creative son.  I also enjoyed capturing my nephew and niece...actually got some sparkle in my nephews eyes AKA catchlights.

Scenery and Flora...so pretty, adore the DOF with the 50mm when looking closely at plant life.  I think I need to do lots of work on good scenery shots.

Exploring DOF with Miss A & a 'thing' she found on the beach.  Looking forward to playing with this some more.  Hopefully I can get home from school in daylight to play...dreams are free.

I am really looking forward to the portrait workshop weekend coming up. Huge thanks to mum & dad who are coming to look after my kids while I head away for the weekend.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Penny said…
yay for new toys!
Janine said…
enjoy the camera and the weekend away on the workshop. I am looking forward to seeing your work on here.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!