Skip to main content

Scrap Saturday


After a kind of non-scrapbooking or rather only scrapbooking at camps or retreats for a couple of years I decided it was time to get back into regular local scrapbooking events.  Last month I invited a couple of people to join me for  a Scrap Saturday - International Scrapbooking Day.  It was lots of fun, very creative, and nice to mix with some people I hadn't spent much time with as well as with others I catch up with regularly.  Our scrap days will typically be the first Saturday of each month - except January.

I asked Andrea from Scrapbook Outlet if she could send a box of goodies for sale on the day (Queenstown doesn't have any LSS apart from The Warehouse) to help inspire us and she also organised for Nic Howard to send us some Washi Tape.  I put the washi with some muslin, ribbon, 6x6 piece of paper and a gift tag (cut on the cricut) together as a little challenge pack for the ladies attending today.   I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

The vege soup is in the crock pot, bathroom cleaned and vacuuming done.
Ready to create!
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

aww I wish i could come scap with you.... I need to scrap more.
Janine said…
what bliss.......

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!