Skip to main content

Trying Digi


Have blurred out the children's faces...created this today after downloading gimp and playing with some digi freebie kits - Sunporch by Amy Teets, a Messy Edge Alpha, and Spontaneous Delight by CStephens.

Was inspired to give it a try finally (after many thoughts of it LOL) when I looked again at a layout by Kathryn Wilson on page 15 of the last Up2Scrap magazine and a forum post by Louise of Eidou.

Don't think I'll give up my love of paper... but can see some possibilities in this...might be good when I only have my laptop and no scrap supplies!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks wonderful to me Lara! You still have the eye and placement!want to try digi myself too
Anonymous said…
That is lovely!! Hope you had fun - digi is gr8 when you don't have time or energy to unpack all your paper!
Karen L said…
Looks fabulous Ro for your first attempt. I feel the same as you - don't think I could ever give up paper cause I love the feel texture and dimension of it, but digi is fun, especially when you can take your computer with you when you go away - (or have it on your lap in front of the fire on a cold winter's night.
Anonymous said…
oh thats looking good, you do make it look easy.
Penny said…
Awesome!
Twobees said…
This looks great Lara. Very enticing, but I still love the glue and pp LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!