Sunday, July 20, 2008

in response to the challenges


I was 'dared' to take inspiration from a fashion mag page & make it about winter... took the simplicity of a single figure on the page and the grid like pattern of the tiles and put them in my layout. Happy 50th dare No. 8 Wired. Have a few more ideas on this one... will see if I get them done though.
materials: Stampin Up notebook designer series paper; Fancy Pants felt snowflake, MM rub ons and I cut the title from paper scraps using 'red tag sale' in the cuttlebug. On the snowflake I brushed some Jo Sonja's opal dust - love that stuff.


Have you been to Kiwijackmeup lately? They have a jack of Heidi Barclay awaiting your 'jacking' and I think you have till Friday 25th to do it... but don't quote me on it. From heidi's layout I used the arrow and the 'collection' of items around a corner as well as a frame of patterned paper around the photo.
materials: white cardstock lightly sprayed with antique rose glimmermist which was in the June Scrapbook Outletnz Kit; Heidi Swapp lettering - yes I added tombow so these would stay stuck; Sassafrass Lass arrow, Stampin Up bird stamp, Rubbadubba doo fantail stamp (on acetate then adhered to the page) and Some Sassa paper cut out and stickers. Used some paper scraps for the frame around the photo.


Sketchbook NZ - this was created in a response to a challenge by Laura Vegas... to use ribbon and flowers in a layout. I used my fave Elsie rainbow ribbon (want more of this) and I stamped flowers onto acetate then cut them out for my flowers. The wooden bit outside the dark green shaped edge is my floor - not part of the layout!
materials: Making Memories Passport paper from one of the Scrapbook Outlet NZ kits, White Bazzill, Elsie rainbow ribbon, Ki cardstock letter stickers, October Afternoon journaling block and acetate flowers (close up below) that I'd stamped and then cut around. I used an MM brad in the centre of one of the flowers.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Monique said...

Wow gorgeous layouts Lara!!

Love the winter one, the blue looks fab on the grid paper...but I adore your Jack layout, love how you worked those sass papers...thanks so much for taking up the challenges!

oh and hey look forward to seeing your guest designer layout coming up soon on the dares!

Tracy said...

Wow love your layouts Lara! Especially the winter lo and your flowers and ribbon challenge lo - stunning!

Niella said...

Perfection!!

Talk about gorgeous and fun:)

All your work is always inspiring Lara:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work, Lara - your layouts are so inspiring!

Penny said...

love all that stamping you've been doing.

Anonymous said...

oh very nice indeed Lara. Love the winter one....love all your takes on the challenges....I need to make more time to do them.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous layouts! Love the stamped flowers on the acetate.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all those LO's. Just gorgeous as usual Lara.