Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3 more working days

till I start at Queenstown Primary as a release teacher in a 0.54 position. Half a teacher LOL. Until then I am releiving at a local Kindergarten - only an 8 minute drive from home which is good considering I filled up with petrol today - my first tank over $100 so I'm not doing too badly there (I don't normally let the car get this empty). Last weekend I worked on the layout below - using more October Afternoon of course. the photo is one we took when up in Marlborough wine region in one of the school holidays last year.
I did the following layout for the first weeks challenge at Scrap In Style TV - had to use two things from a list - I went for rubbish bags and paper towel. Don't you love our pretty blue Southern Lakes rubbish bags? I glimmermisted the paper towel before stitching it to the layout. the rainbow stamp Vicky had designed for one of the SBO kits way back when was a perfect addition... with some watercolour crayons from Stampin Up (I just got a cool roller stamp from SU today...It is lines with dotted lines in the centre - beginning writer lines... hoping the kids will do a handwriting sampler for me tomorrow with it).



Check out The new Celebrity at Sketchbook!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Niella said...

Lara you are just so clever!! Love your p/p choices and lettering:)

*F U N*

Anonymous said...

Love that october afternoon paper with treese and the deer. Love how you mad the flowers and used the paper towel as a photo matt.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Lara.

Love SU product too. Such clever ideas. Can't wait to see what you do with the writing lines.

Anonymous said...

Such funky & original ideas you have! Would never have thought of using a rubbish bag to make flowers. Love it!

Chris Millar said...

Hi Lara! Love both these layouts and doesn't that look like a beautiful part of the world in your first layout. Love your layouts for the ASS challenge too!!

Penny said...

which half of you is the teacher - bottom or top! LOL!

Beaut LOs - very creative with the rubbish bags. Ours are grey. :(

Twobees said...

Gorgeous layouts Lara. You have been busy haven't you. Love what you have done with the rubbish bags. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome layouts Lara.And great photo's.

Melissa Goodsell said...

These are just gorgeous..I'm especially in love with the rainbow one, so cool and pretty.
Melx