Skip to main content

jack me up


Well, when the snow is all around and the fire is blazing, I get to create! I used the radiating ribbons on Vicky's layout for the 'NZ jack me up' as inspiration for radiating bits of patterned paper - it worked with this picture as the three children are coming out from the centre too. I added in a few different embellishments just like Vicky had and played around with a mis matched title as Vicky has a way with words and text on her layout - they are sometimes just as interesting as Vicky's great photos!

Thanks for the Jack inspiration!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fantasic scraplift lift. I've yet to tackle this one. Maybe tonight!
Anonymous said…
love your scraplift. radiating pp very bright and busy - reflecting your journalled thoughts :)
Love it Lara, great way to use up scrap pp too. Thanks for joining in with our first Jack challenge.
Raewyn
Monique said…
Its like present opening at christmas finding out what inspiration everybody is taking from Vicky's layout lol!! Love this Lara! Thanks for playing!
Sharon said…
That is very cool - and too cute :)
Vicky said…
Aww, youre making me blush! Love your take on it and what beautiful babies you have!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous page! Love your take on this one, Lara! :-)
Penny said…
great way to use up those scraps you can't bear to throw out but are too small for much :)
Very cute Lara!
Thanks for visiting us at Salt. WOuld love you to join in sometime!!
Casey x

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!