Sunday, November 19, 2006

going to the chapel...

Well, it's really a winery now but once it was - the building was relocated from somewhere down south!

Huge congrats to Andrew & Bex who got married yesterday :-)
The children came to the service and I pre-cut &/or painted up the below items to which they added embellishments - These came about through suggestions from some online friends and Rach at the weekly chat at SBO on Friday night!

The bride arrived in a helicopter - reminded me of my wedding :-) She looked aboslutely gorgeous! The food was stunning too - bbq crayfish, spit roasted pork, lamb & chicken and some really tasty salads. Dessert was creme brule, cheesecake or tiramisu - YUM - guess that's what happens when the groom and one of the groomsmen are chefs who initially trained under my DH - the groom works casually at Waitiri now though once was the full time chef & one of the groomsmen has done really well in chef competitions and is heading off overseas to further his career. Andrew has changed tack a little though still doing a couple of days a week in the kitchen but has just come 3rd in the NZ muscle man comps (don't ask me the proper names etc cause I don't have a clue - but a great achievement).




We sat in a Marquee for the meal - nice to escape the cooler weather and fine rain that fell at times!

Anyway, need to get on with some real work instead of playing on the computer on this nice - finally sunny - day!

Hey scrap campers - hope it was fantastic! So green jelly of you chance to scrap this weekend and look forward to seeing on some blogs what you all got up to!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, yummy food and good company, sounds like a great weekend Lara.

Rach H said...

looked like a gorgeous wedding Lara. Your horse shoe, rolling pin + heart came out great.

Mel said...

How lovely. Aren't wedding just great? And this one looks gorgeous

Anonymous said...

oh stunning dres...love the bridal parties colours...looked like a fantastic day....

Anonymous said...

Hey Lara,

Loved the wedding photos, and little projects you completed.... just gorgeous.

I didn't have your email address so this could be like a War and Peace Saga on your blog !!!!!

Thank you so much for your support regarding my entry on my blog.

Im pleased to say that that horrid site has been shut down and is no longer.

It's weird - I've been in the industry for 3 years now, and I don't think I have ever been as upset as I was when I read all of the "anonymous" comments written there. People were being back stabbed, and slandered for absolutely no reason whatsoever !!! It was so upsetting.

But now we can all move on and retrospectively look at this as a huge learning curve. Your comments on my blog, made me feel strong again and want to be part of this industry.

Let all us "goodies" stick together and support and love each other. Im not going to let the "baddies" win !!!!! and if they come back lets ignore them and move on.

Look after yourself Lara and keep in touch.

Steph xo

Sandra said...

Hey Lara. What beautiful wedding photos...sounds like a lovely day. The menu made my mouth water. Cute little projects too and lovely that your children did them.

Anonymous said...

Man - I wanna go to a wedding now. Everything looked gorgeous.