Skip to main content

Playing Creatively

Each month a group of local ladies get together to create our pages and get our memories recorded or to make cards to share special sentiments with others.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I look forward to this day each month.  I had quite a few photos to scrap yesterday and still have a bundle from our adventure to the beach and farm last weekend - I think these will be in a book all of their own.  Here are some of the pages I created last night.  Layouts 2 & 3 made use of the resin we had our first play with yesterday - so fast.  Nic's instructions and the materials from Andrea were spot on. 
 
 
 
 

'the Farm Experience' is my favourite layout from yesterday.  The simplicity of the photograph seems to work with the slightly more detailed patterned paper that I sprayed with a little Glimmermist first.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

I really need to do me some scrapping.... love your pages :)
Andrea B said…
Haha the lamb on the lead is a very familar site round here at the moment or Alex will try put the lamb and chicken in his bed! Very cool layouts! Andrea
Karen L said…
Love your pages Lara, I too really need to get in and do some more scrapbooking... There has been a bit of a drought in creativity around my place of late, Nice to visit you again.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!