Wednesday, May 09, 2012

DSLR

As I get closer to my goal weight, the DSLR camera gets closer too.

On Monday night I joined the Queenstown Photography Club.  I went with a friend.  My desire for a DSLR has increased, this group is an opportunity to get support to use the DSLR.  I don't want to be stuck in auto mode, I want to explore the camera and what it can do.  I want to make images.

I have been researching what will work for me...it came down to a more entry level DSLR in both Canon & Nikon  - the 600D & the D5100 and then a more 'enthusiast' model in Canon (60D) & Nikon (D90).  I was gearing towards the Canon 60D...and a posed Facebook question came up with a similar result.  Right at this very moment this is the camera I am aiming for!  But then I have the problem of what lens to get.  The common thought is that the kit lenses aren't very good...I checked out some lenses and wonder about going for a standard 'prime' lens e.g. EF 50mm F1.8 and then save for further lenses.

I have found some fun videos in my finding out...

Canon 60D Hands-on Review: Your Questions Answered



I even found a site of camera tips for the 60D!


1 comment:

KiwiMich said...

Wow ... what a great reward for reaching your goal. I have the 550d and love it! I just got the standard lenses in the deal ... yeah they might not be the best ones but I don't find them bad at all.
My reward for getting to my goal weight will be a bit of a clothes shopping spree when I go to melbourne next month. And I need it as only have a couple of pairs of trousers that fit, everything else is too big! ;) Wahoo!