Skip to main content

Tea Towel Swap

Janine set up a fun tea towel swap. We all need them, why not have ones that look good! I love the parcel that arrived at my house today, loved the packaging (I love doilies), loved the teatowels - yes two of them, not just one! and a cool tea cup and strainer chain too. Such nice treats to open. I promptly used the cup on my return from work.
Below is what I sent. It's our eating that creates dishes...so I made a little 'afternoon delights' recipe book with a few of my favourite afternoon tea treats written in. I packaged it in baking paper and nested the gifts in a cake tin I picked up at the Salvation Army. I had to buy some sugar just so I could use the Pams sugar packaging for the recipe booklet.

Thanks heaps for a setting up a great swap Janine!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Janine said…
That is freaking awesome Lara. I know Julie loved it as she sent me an email before she headed off to conference. Wow weeeeee. Glad you loved your wee parcel, and I must admit when I was wrapping the cup in multiudes of layers to prevent it from being broken, I was almost tempted to keep it. There is something nice about new cups.....Have fun using those tea towels. BTW I liked your thinking on having gorgeous tea towels and using nice things...made me look at things differently.
Mrs Frizz said…
And I so can't take photos of my goodies, cos I've devoured the choccie, oh well, never mind ... and mine weren't anywhere near as nicely wrapped as yours ... I used Christmas paper, thinking to myself, well it was just like Christmas, unwrapping goodies ... lol.
Lara said…
I would have eaten the chocolate too Michelle...even though I'm trying not to eat the sweet stuff, but that's a whole other blog. Christmas paper is such a cool idea. I love that we all had different takes on this swap!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!

thunderpants inspired

Here it is Karen - inspired by thunderpants! Had fun doodling. Love that I found that quote - fits the pic very aptly! Got my hands on clean & simple the sequel by Cathy Z today - such a good read so far!!! Also got a letter from Pride Publishing - they want one of my A-Z Lo's for publication in issue 44 - so exciting (just wish I live with a bunch of scrappers who understand what this means to me - but then I 'd have to share my stash!). Donna also got a letter - congrats Donna! (her links down to the lower right of my blog) To all those scrap camping - this weekend - hope it's a good one at whichever camp you are at. I'm looking forward to mine next weekend!