Skip to main content

the other trees


here's the other tree project I mentioned last post.... the words on the blue strip relate to a verse in the bible Jeremiah 17:7-8. I like trees a lot at the moment! This measures 30 inches wide by 12 inches high & sits above a wooden desk in the family room (just to the left of our front door). Have plans for a 'house' layout for above the china cabinet... & thinking of another idea that I'll use as a 'workshop' at our next retreat: Creative Inspiration South... am going to put an update over there soon as we've made changes to the cost with one of our team continuing to be unwell... we are going to relax it a lot!

I finally made a start on the actual creating of my 'all about me' books for the kids (a la Nic H)... have done the cover pages. I'm doing them 8 x 9 inches, will laminate the pages & bind them together with the bind-it-all.

Mmmm with my tree love, I'm hanging out for Andrea to feel well enough to upload the new Love Elsie Forrest papers that Vicky has posted pics of on the SBO Blog...
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Roo said…
Oh you have the coolest ideas - that is very funky - love it.
Anonymous said…
stunning piece Lara. Love it.
Karen L said…
Am into trees here a bit also at the moment Lara - love your canvas and great verse to go with it.
Donna said…
Great canvas Lara! Loving those trees.
Penny said…
Man that is so cool! I love your work Lara.

BTW... my bag giveaway closes tonight if you wanted to be in to win ;)
Jenny said…
You are very creative, Lara

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!