Monday, September 25, 2006

playtime

Was inspired to take photos including an umbrella as a prop from a photography website. The kids have been playing with this one for a while so I took my chance! I used the manual mode of my camera focussing on the girls faces in an attempt to remove depth of field (after the fabulous Vicky Gibsons online classes at the Scrapbook Outlet NZ) and moved to below the girls (they are actually on the trampoline) but to keep out as many background distractions as possible I had to take them with my side to the sun! the girls & I had fun any way. Might try again at dusk!

Can't believe how many comments a cheeky pic of my son inspired LOL. Yesterday he tripped and cut his forehead on a wooden traction engine - an ambulance ride, a couple of stitches and a lollipop later he's making mischief again -including cleaning my windows with mud - as if they weren't dirty enough. This is going to be an interesting term break, I can feel it now! Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Mel said...

An ambulance ride - wow that will be a story to tell! Hope he's OK

Penny said...

Hey - neat photo! :) It would look cool in high key I think.

Obviously a mere bonk on the head and stitches is not enough to hold your son back! :) Maybe encouraging him to use the hose on the windows could direct his energy? Or... maybe not! LOL!

Sharee Mortensen said...

Gorgeous pic Lara, may have to try that. So need some new pics to scrap.
Sharee

Anonymous said...

oh I do love that photo Lara. Ouch at Ethan am pleased to hear he is on the mend. Smiled at his cleaning of windws with mud though, gotta love him.

Anonymous said...

The girls have been captured beautifully.. a fantastic photo!!
Hope you have got one of Ethans head!
Mum

Andrea B said...

Awesome photo Lara! Hope Ethan is OK. Would love to see this scrapped!

Donna said...

You put me to shame actually practicing your homework!! LOL. At least I got my camera off auto onto sport mode! That is a great photo.
I have a puppy who sounds like a match for Ethan! Glad he's ok.

Anonymous said...

love the brolly idea ... also blocks out those distracting winter branches :-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch... trust Ethan!
I bet it didn't slow him down a bit. We're enjoying the holidays, taking lots of photos and playing with Picasa.

Meg McKenzie said...

Fab photo Lara, hope your wee guy is on the mend! Looking forward to scrap camp!