Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Honest Scrapper

Found a challenge on the honest scrapper blog (well I made it into a challenge for me) that I took on for the Wakatipu Scrap 'n' Chat last night. The other four layouts are in the next post down!

The challenge was to put the following in a box & do your next five layouts from it only (made for light travelling to a crop too - apart from taking my sewing machine):
* 15 pieces of cardstock
*20 pieces of patterned paper
*a few alphas
*a dozen embellishments (paint, buttons, thread & pre-fab ones)

Had fun doing this & I think it will be my 'crop thing' from now on in - no more getting annoyed that i didn't bring this one thing that I desperately needed....

any way thanks for visiting!

 Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that clean and simple layout. I am doing that challenge too and found it wonderful for helping me scrapping again.

Ilka said...

I really enjoyed looking at your Lo's. The gardening one so femine and the brussel sprout one is a hoot, love simplicity too! Thanks for sharing that 'honest challenge'.Will try follow that when I go to the next crop. And thanks for welcoming me to blogworld!

Jane said...

what a fab layout. very stylish. well done.

Anonymous said...

mmm..all lovely Lara...where do you find the time!! mum x

Anonymous said...

Now *that* is my kinda challenge ... limited resources. I often feel as if I have too much choice and I can't start unless I force myself to use *just* the material on my desk or in a *just arrived* box of goodies.
Beautiful work Lara.

Andrea B said...

This is so effective! Awesome work Lara. BTW where do you find the time .. LOL!

Becky said...

great challenge and GREAT LO!!!

glanced through your blog and - WOW - great LOs girlie!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great layout. Love it. So many photos.
Nicole.

Delys said...

Loving all your Los atm Lara! Beautiful work. I have done this myself at the last couple of crops plus the sewing machine too...everyone laughs at me but I dont care!

Twobees said...

Gorgeous layouts Lara :) Don't know how I would go on the box challenge, I think I would always need just something else, although if your on a crop that would sure make it eaiser. :)

Lauren said...

WoW Just love your style. Love looking at your layouts!

Enjoy your week,
Lauren x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lara - sounds like a great challenge and one I should take up. Always struggle scrapbooking at a crop cause I never have what I want to use. LO looks sensational too.

Ali said...

What a great idea Lara - one I desparately need to take onboard - maybe I would actually get to crops if I didn't have to take so much stuff LoL!

Christi said...

Hey do you know the new blog for the honest scrapper? The link is no longer available?