Skip to main content

Cyber Cropping


Had a fantastic time last night @ the SBO Cyber Crop!

Couldn't believe that we managed to produce 19 layouts before 11pm - lifting someone in the gallery! Stunning work - one person - go Paula - started @ 10:30pm and was finished by 10 to 11! My Layout to the left is a lift of Moniques Layout by the same title! That photo of my children is one that I have 3 copies of - so they can have one each in their albums - I now have 2 of the 3 layouts with it done - love photos like this for challenges - makes me do something different each time.

Grumpy Bum is my layout as an example for a sand it, paint it, clothe it challenge. I cut windows for the squares of fabric (clothing it) (thanks for the fabric Ali) which I then sewed in place (thanks to having my sewing maching back after mum got it fixed). I sanded the edge of the photo with a trusty emery board (don't have finger nails & it feels good to buy these for a purpose) over the edge of my work bench. I used paint for my good old foam stamps - was a bit to hasty & put the m in the wrong place so had to cut out some cs to cover my mistake & stamp the p in place. oops!

Bingo was a laugh - Donna got tired of typing! Vicky has set a challenge of using BG, cutting photos, using hand journaling, all with a theme of 'amazing'. Cut my photos last night, now have to work out which BG to use - I'd already journaled for these photos (my system) & it had 'amazing' in the journaling! perfect. I've seen one of Vicky's last scrapper standing for effer dares & I so want to copy it, maybe just parts then & give her the credit!

Shani's challenge is going to be a mission- not! - using 4 older patterned papers of which I seem to have a number of despite giving many away a couple of months ago!

To establish winners of the store credits we are having voting open for everyone - people are checking the gallery & sending me their fave! Can't wait to see who it will be! Check the forum for more info.

Better get some thinking on for these challenges... Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
love your work Lara! can't believe so much got done between my last check-in and 11pm. I am determined to be a better participator (ie not sick with head-cold LOL) next time. so much fun!!
thanks for sharing ... I'll be checking the gallery later to add to the votes.
Sandra said…
Was great to get some more scrapping done...altho didn't converse much cos my computer kept closing down IE for some reason. It's fine today. Love the Grumpy bum layout. Were you one when you put the M in the wrong place??? Lol
Anonymous said…
I was after Sandra - how annoying!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!