Skip to main content

Finding Inspiration To Create

This term at school has been full on!  So much to do in so little time. Creating has gone by the wayside so the necessary things could be done.  This term is done and I gave myself the weekend to make stuff, to reset so I can get on with school stuff in my non-contact time next week.  A weekend off is bliss. 

It took a bit of work to ge going, it’s been a while and I made use of a layout in the CTMH SE2 Idea Book as my foundation for this page:



And, I even set up the tripod to be able to share a process video with you:



As well as Scraplifting from sources like the Idea Books, creating alongside friends is another source of inspiration.  Melissa is one of those friends and we scraplifted each other.

I created this page with the idea of ‘near the edge’ in mind.  Melissa later lifted this, making it her own.



This page was on I lifted from Melissa.  It was a great way to make use of lots of bits from different kits and complements packs.


After scraplifting I was ready to ‘go it alone’ and enjoyed using more of the ‘Central Park’ range with its bright colours.  Using the current SOTM seemed to tie in nicely with this page.


Another source of inspiration is Pinterest.  I scrolled through my ‘Layout Love’ pins and commented on how many used simple elements.  I decided to try one of these and created this page as a result.  Coloured cardstock as a base is a rarity for me too!


You can find the original here: https://pin.it/jn3ylujzhbxwe2

Thanks for reading.  What do you do do get back into a creative mode?

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are great. I like using Pinterest for inspiration as well as friends. Great idea to use the Season Expression 😊 Looking forward to scrapping time next weekend. Julie

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!