Skip to main content

Photos and story

Since going back to work full time photos and playing with fun papers has taken a back seat. I miss it. Nik put on a creative weekend recently and after procrastinating for about twelve hours i finally got creative (had to go shopping) and when Andrea arrived with her enticing Scrapbook Outlet goodies I was off!

 With snapfish recently offering unlimited prints for eleven cents, i took advantage of the offer and got some done. It's been a while. Often the excuse of not having the chance to edit the photos means i dont get them printed. This got me thinking about photos and why i take them. I love seeing amazing photos, I love creating amazing photos (rew and far between...). But really, it's about capturing the memory, the moment in time so does it matter if there isn't perfect composition, saturation or contrast?

 Then there's the camera thing, the good ones are really big and the lenses equally impressive. How can we capture the moment if we need to be lugging that thing around with us...maybe they are better saved for weddings, portraits, and kind of 'set-up' scenes? The good old compact cameras do a nice job for most things...but theres also the phone cameras. Wish i had some photos i had taken on my samsung to share, might have to dive into the old computer and see what i can find, but they can do ok prints. I have just had a wee wander around the internet and there have been many iPhone photorgrahy sites, blogs and flicker groups set up. Has anyone used these photos for telling their stories? What do they print like? I'm thinking that this could be a way easier way to do the photo a day thing or even to scrap a week in the life of...


Comments

Mrs Frizz said…
Well I'm no good to you. I've still got my old flip top pink-a-licious phone - due to be replaced next year when I have to and not before, hopefully. Absolutely hopeless with it taking photos. I know whatever phone it is that Meg uses, takes awesome photos and they print with something going on around the edges and I've printed and scrapped them myself and totally loved the look.
Janine said…
I started using my phone as I found sometimes I had forgotten to take my little camera or couldn't be bothered to take the big Canon. I find taking photos on my iPhone less instrusive and depending on the app you use (and there are so many) will depend on what result you get. My fav app at present is Hipstamtaic. I have had them printed at Snapfish and they were not too bad. With the hipstmatic I have a destessed type finish to my photo which I love but others may not. I found it a good way to capture a moment when I did'nt have a camera on me.
Jenny said…
Nice to see you back again! I have used my iPhone for some photos and have printed them out and they're fine. I recently invested in an Olympus XZ-1 and that it the closest a compact can get to a big camera. It's easy to carry around too

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!