Skip to main content

Colours & Words, Week 6.


vote for your fave this week at Aussie Scrap Source.
I found this weeks colour palette really hard to work with...but think I got there with a lot of help from 3 Bugs & the slice with a little cosmo cricket.

Earthquake last night shook us all up a bit...was busy playing Settlers of Catan (board game) with my Parents in-law and I felt like I was rocking....it just kept going so we all got under door frames in the hallway (including the kids who had been sleeping soundly till we woke them). Eventually it stopped, then started, then stopped, then started...then stopped. It was 7.8 on the Richter scale. The kids took a while to get back to sleep. Was a rolling quake rather than a short sharp shift.

Term Break almost over.
Smiles.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Penny said…
glad you are all ok!
Lainie said…
That would've been so scary!! Thanks for visiting my blog Lara. I haven't been here in a long time - I'm loving the new look.
Jane said…
You have my vote Lara hope your all ok after the quake.
Chris Millar said…
Glad you're all ok down there Lara!! I didn't hear it on the news, but some girls on the Hero Arts group were talking about it. Sounds pretty frightening! Hope none of that happens when we're driving around in our motorhome!

Love your colour and words challenge!! That was a difficult colour scheme, but you did an awesome job!
Rach H said…
Lara loving your colour challenges.....all fab!
yep sounds like a lot of rocking + rolling going on down there.....scary + lets hope no big ones!
enjoy the alst few days of the hols!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Rolls

Spread sliced bread with Cheese Spread (see below). Roll up. Toast in oven & serve hot. These may be frozen and heated when required! cheese spread: 1pkt onion soup; 500g tasty cheese - grated; a 400g tin of evaporated milk; Put all ingredients in a saucepan and heat slowly until cheese melts and mixture thickens. Stir well. When cool store in jars in the fridge for sandwhiches etc or put in your cheese rolls! Yep, the Up2Scrap Elite Design team has been announced - soo privileged & excited to be a part of it. Congrats to Donna , Rach , Lianne , Trina & Sue & thanks Steph & Jo for the opportunity:-) We have been in Invercargill overnight - nice to get away even if it is only for a night! We went to Queens Park & the Museum/Art Gallery today & the Art Gallery Cafe served these cheese rolls -yum! Such a lower South Island thing - but soo good! 

Awards

Wahoo, I won one of the Awards For Excellence with For Keeps - for photography! I've just collected my prizes from a friends place - she went shopping to spend my $500 voucher at Scrapbookers Delight in Auckland for me - how cool is that a prize & a personal shopper!!!??? Any way I got quite a few bits of patterned paper, cardstocks (still need white!!!), a new trimmer, an embossing heat gun, some stazons, some distressing ink a new cutting mat, some cool powders, adhesives & tombow, anyway, have to go put it all in it's place so I can use it. Niks coming up tonight so we can play - have a tag to make for our cyber friend Sal of Scrap Of Faith as she had her fifth baby - Cowper early this morning - Congrats Sal! Anyway, gotta vacuum since Niks coming....

blenheim

We are currently in Blenheim. Have been doing some of the wineries - a work trip for Jase - we just get to go along! I'v been playing with some of the phaunt actions by Kylie Banks- my faves are phaunt magic instant & then beastly colour. Got the links from an online class at Scrapbook Outlet with Mandi Haynes. above: Katya on a walk in Waikari with Jases parents. Below - Harold the older giraffe at Orana Park, just before I met Vicki & checked out the stamping up catalogue. Jase & I joined a winery tour today - was a great way to meet some different people & to see & learn a little bit about some of the local wineries. Feel quite isolated without my home internet connection though!