Saturday, March 04, 2006

today's efforts


well some of them any way - did a couple of others but haven't taken the pics & did some CJ entries - can't post them or the owner might peek!

Ethan is finally out of nappies in the day time - the inspiration for this layout, for which I had the pp all ready and waiting.

The next is from a challenge where last week I had to get pics of me & my babies, then this week - had to scrap them!!(Thanks Vicky). I got to use my new Lil Davis foam stamps along with some of the HS chipboard letters I got for my birthday (love the self adhesive letters).

The last one is one I have had waiting and taunting me for a while & I used things I used to use a lot of but till about 5 weeks ago didn't use much - bright colours & hand journalling - I had started using the computer a lot but I found that I would put off journaling till later & sometimes it wouldn't get done till much, much later (I'm thinking of 2 LO I did last year still waiting for the 'official journaling' - there is a draft). Lately I've been doing it all manually - sometimes using computer fonts - but hand drawing them then cutting out or writing straight on the LO - I think this is more me. I'm enjoying it more & getting more complete which has to be good?
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lara said...

that's why I'm here too! Hope you enjoyed your visitors.

Anonymous said...

very productive Lara! I went to scrap in Tauranga with Yolande today ... didn't finish the class layouts (not sure what photos to use yet), did a 6x6 layout on chipboard for which I plan to buy magnet strips so the gift can go on the fridge, made a card for a friend, scribbled instructions for a boxed album Yolande demo-ed last month ... not so much finished ... I will have to get busy after tomorrow's bike ride.

Vicky said...

You are very welcome LOL! I did that challenge because us mamas hardly ever get to be in photos or on LOs!....Anyway you know i love your work :)

Megan said...

Hi Lara,

These are great layouts!

Congrats to no more day time nappies for Ethan - well done!

And no, I never did get that gift from Olivia - she wanted to get me some ribbon but my stash is overflowing, so we just stuck with getting gifts for her and Charlotte!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Megan xx

Donna said...

Great LOs Lara. I'm with you on the journalling thing. I'm a real procrastinator with journaling but have tried to focus on it as part of the design lately. I'm still nervous handwriting on my work!
Great re the nappies, that is such a huge milestone ... esp with boys!

Mel said...

Yep, I agree with the hand journaling. For the past few months I've been computer journaling but it's just not as spontaneous. I think handwriting is so much more personal