Saturday, January 07, 2006

granchildren canvas

This was for my mum & dad for Christmas. Mum wanted somewhere to put recent photos of her grandchildren (currently 6 of them but who knows....-no I'm definitely not having more!). I painted the canvas the same colour as her walls - napa - and attached the ribbon with brads. The clips serve the purpose for photos to be added and changed at will - It had to be 'modern' enough to go on mums walls - best thing is she must have liked it cause it was up on her wall that day. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mel said...

What a neat idea, Lara - I love this. Think I will make Darryn's Dad one sometime soon - then when we post photos to him he'll have somewhere to clip them! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Lara, that is so cool. I love that the recipient can easily change the photos. I think I will scraplift that idea and use wooden pegs ('cause I bought a pack of about 200(!!) to make blackboards - see pics on Mel's and Delys' blogs - sorry I don't know how to do links in comments! - for details - Christmas presents and 200 wooden pegs will go a l-o-n-g way!)

Delys said...

Lol@ Karen! just love both Lara...Will have to scraplift too! I did this to my MIL and she said what she thought... on her gifts (not knowing). Love the colours on both! and Im not surprised your Mum and Dad love it too!

Ali said...

Hiya Lara, just catching up with everyone's blogs - glad your canvas's went down a treat. I too did a few for pressies and it didn't take long before the requests were coming thick and fast.