Saturday, May 24, 2008

the other trees


here's the other tree project I mentioned last post.... the words on the blue strip relate to a verse in the bible Jeremiah 17:7-8. I like trees a lot at the moment! This measures 30 inches wide by 12 inches high & sits above a wooden desk in the family room (just to the left of our front door). Have plans for a 'house' layout for above the china cabinet... & thinking of another idea that I'll use as a 'workshop' at our next retreat: Creative Inspiration South... am going to put an update over there soon as we've made changes to the cost with one of our team continuing to be unwell... we are going to relax it a lot!

I finally made a start on the actual creating of my 'all about me' books for the kids (a la Nic H)... have done the cover pages. I'm doing them 8 x 9 inches, will laminate the pages & bind them together with the bind-it-all.

Mmmm with my tree love, I'm hanging out for Andrea to feel well enough to upload the new Love Elsie Forrest papers that Vicky has posted pics of on the SBO Blog...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Roo said...

Oh you have the coolest ideas - that is very funky - love it.

Anonymous said...

stunning piece Lara. Love it.

Karen L said...

Am into trees here a bit also at the moment Lara - love your canvas and great verse to go with it.

Donna said...

Great canvas Lara! Loving those trees.

Penny said...

Man that is so cool! I love your work Lara.

BTW... my bag giveaway closes tonight if you wanted to be in to win ;)

Jenny said...

You are very creative, Lara