Wednesday, July 02, 2008

CIS

Was fantastic. This term has been soo full on and has brought about many changes for me the chance to get away and just create was brilliant! Here are two layouts I created that are up at the SBO gallery also.


I had my last day at Frankton Playcentre today where I have been working on Wednesdays through this term. They have a parent who is keen to take on the supervising which is fantastic - Playcentre is all about the parents being the teachers! I only have 2 days left at Queenstown Playcentre where I have been involved for the last 5 years - Ethan was about 5 weeks old when we first went - it was a life saver for a mum with three children under three and as the centre needed a trained supervisor I did the training & then even did a grad. diploma in ECE teaching (already had a dip in teaching -primary) as I needed to understand this whole Early Childhood Thing. For the last 3 years I have worked five mornings a week 9- 12:30 during school terms at Playcentre and now that Ethan is at school it's time for me to go back too. I was unsucessful in two jobs I applied for at Queenstown Primary (not the school my three go to) but had decided to go releiving next term any way so I can get back into it. I accepted a 2 week releiving position for the Head Teacher at a Kindergarten and the next day was asked by the principal of the school that I had been unsucessful with if he could meet with me as something had come up that he thought I might be interested in. Within 2 .5 hours I was back in town for an interview. He phoned back this morning to say I had the job - I'm rapt. It's a 0.5 position a couple of hours every morning to release reading recovery teachers (I'm teaching numeracy in their classes) and right through till 3pm one afternoon (not sure which one yet). Perfect as I can still go swimming at lunch time a couple of times a week - I had worked up to 1.5 Km swims 3 times a week but got the flu and it's hard to breathe at the best of times let alone to breathe when swimming... so i haven't been as regularly for a couple of weeks. Hope to go tomorrow.

Sad day today though as I went to the funeral of one of our Playcentre boys who drowned while on holiday overseas. So sad. Only 3. heart breaking.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome LOs, I love Ethan's spreading of the PB on his toast, totally classic!!

Congrats on the new job too, it sounds perfect for you :-)

Sorry to hear about the passing of that wee boy, definitely very very sad :-(

Anonymous said...

How heartbreaking to go to a funeral for a child - hugs!!
Congrats on the job front though it sounds just perfect!
And as always Lara - fab layouts!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Exciting having some change going on there, enjoy the new job.
Very sad about that little boy.

Anonymous said...

Very excited about the job for you such fab news to read and a foot in the door. Sorry to hear about the death of that young boy so sad.

Glsd to hear CSI went well, and those layouts are fab.

Jenny said...

WEll done on the job, Lara!

And that is very sad - I will see what I can come up with this weekend for you

Chris Millar said...

Congratulations on the new job Lara!! And these layouts are fantastic!
So sad about the little boy.

Penny said...

Congratulations Lara - send some of that good vibe my way pls? LOL!

V sad about the wee boy.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lara thats awful about the little boy! So sad.
But woohoo on the new job and woohoo on the swimming ..sounds great!

Twobees said...

Huge congrats on the job Lara. Sounds like it will be perfect for you.
I was thinking about the funeral the other day, so sad. I've done some pages, will get them to you next week :)

Mel said...

How sad - poor family!

And on a great note - fantasitc about the job. I have a number of teacher friends who soley do relief teaching - the money can be better and they have the flexibility to say no when they need 'me' or family time. Good luck on the new roles