Friday, June 22, 2007

snow fall

well, after just over 4 years of living in this area - we get 'real snow' it came down so quickly and after the last 10 days of frosts with no rain it settled just as quickly. I had a long drive home yesterday - had to get some flour etc. from New World on the way home from Playcentre with Ethan & people were having trouble getting out of the supermarket carpark. I prayed we would get home safely in our 2 wheel drive with no chains! We did - it just took three and a half hours. I got the car halfway up our driveway but it wouldn't go any further! Our neighbour had collected the girls from school as it had closed early & even the busses couldn't get out and they were all playing on the reserve in front of our drive way - snow men, sledding....but then Ethan got cold, then Alicia.... - they can make so much noise when they aren't happy can't they??? Katya played on!
The snow is still here this morning but it is still very cold. blue skies are appearing & I decided not to brave the snow to walk for a hot chilli chocolate & made my own! It is very pretty & it feels like walking through a wonderland with all the snow on the leaves and branches and not really knowing where you are walking.
We got this firewood last week - so pleased we did!!! But before the end of July I'm sure we will be needing more.
So what to do on snowy day... tidy the house first & then play.... some scrapjacking, a winter layout maybe, some retreat make & take planning, having a go at nics sketch at SBO, all while eating soup that Jase put together last night & it's been in the crock pot all night - yum.... tasty warm snacks for the day!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow that looks so pretty (and cold) I want to come down!!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful it looks!!! Having never lived in a cold area, I am envious of you ... I know snow is a novelty and if you have to deal with it all the time it must be pain, but I wish I could be there and my boys could play in the yard and make snowmen! Sigh.

Anonymous said...

wow that looks stunning but I was getting goose bumps reading your post about snow. Love your indoor plan for today.

Anonymous said...

wow that's cold! I should have taken photos of the frost and the fog this week ... but I didn't want to go out in the cold LOL

Beverley said...

It looks so beautiful - but I know how cold and wet it is too. Hope you are enjoying your day at home.

Penny said...

It looks gorgeous! Want to come down there :-)

I'll have you know that I HAD to go and make myself some chili-choc too thanks to you! ;-) How do you make yours?

Anonymous said...

Wow. What beauty! Absolutely stunning Lara. Hope you had a wonderful day indoors!

Jenny said...

Amazing photos Lara - stay in and keep warm

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Lara, they look similiar to the Russia ones I have on my blog :)
I would love to live in an snowy town like that.
Keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow looks just beautiful and brings back memories from my past... Walks in the snow, snowball fights but also being stuck, unable to drive, frozen limbs. Just hope your house is nicely insulated and you and your loved ones keep warm!

Anonymous said...

oh wow that looks so pretty, I guess having snow would have it's downsides, but it looks beautiful.