Saturday, June 17, 2006

a catch up


Spent last night in Invers. We had a family dinner for dh's Nanny. We did a brief shop @ Farmers (none in the Wakatip) & went to Splash Palace this morning & BK for lunch (there's no BK here either!).

Here are my 21 Challenge pages for the last three days. The hardest one was the Eleanor Roosevelt quote as I'm not sure what scares me - other than a lingering death while my children are still young, or one of them or dh being harmed in some way but even then I have a faith that gives me hope & assurance of a future. So I decided to apply this to my art or my creating - to try something new each day - even if it scares me.
Day 4's quote was a goodie - I find that I make decisions all the time & this confirms that I am 'qualified' to make them.

I used the pic of Katya for Day 6 as her blowing dandilion heads across the play area indicates this freedom & exploration of the world around. Watching her reminds me of the beauty & wonder all around daily!

My work space is a mess & the sofa is full of washing waiting to be folded so I've decided to bring fly lady back - much to dh's pleasure - he asked me about her a while ago! Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kelly Slattery said...

Doing great!!! I went to visit the Fly Lady :o) thanks for the link!

Cathy Pascual said...

love today's entry!
the photo is precious....

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lara you have been so busy. I love your art work looks fabulous.

Carole.

Twobees said...

Wow Lara, what a lovely art journal you are going to have after 21 days. Gorgeous. I hope your rugged up nice and warm. :)

Mel said...

That's so funny - I was just thinking abut Flylady the other day. Did keep me focussed on some of that tedious housey stuff but I got sick of all the emails and cancelled them a while back. Bring back Flylady my home is screaming. too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on keeping up the art journal. I'm starting anew this week. And I might be with you on bringing back flylady too ... she's a great advocate of a little-each-day.

Jolene George said...

You are doing great in your journal entries. Really nice work! I too just brought flylady back into my house. I so need her help lately. Things get out of control so fast when you don't stay on task. I'm starting fresh in the morning with whatever mission we're on. Good luck with yours! :o)

Sharee Mortensen said...

You are doing a fab job on this art journal Lara, I was going to go and buy one today but we had too much snow to go anywhere.

Hmm my dh has been asking me to go back on flylady too! LOL

Sharee

Roo said...

More awesome pages. I love checking in to see what you have been doing.

Anonymous said...

Loving your entries Lara. Funnily enough I also used a photo for day 6 entry. The photo is a pair of eyes(my 6 year old nephew taking a photo of his eyes) I have finally found a use for it.