Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Annual post...

Had a great time making stuff, talking, meeting new people and exploring new creative stuff last weekend. 

I didn't do any 12x12 layouts.  I am a 'prolific scrapper' and would usually churn out heaps of pages.  This time was different...and I liked it.

I started the weekend doing some stuff in my art journal, played with layers and paints before opening up a smash book that had been waiting in my cupboard for some time (3-4 years?).  I had printed a few photos before leaving home and made a start with these.  No order to how they went in (same event photos together) but I treated each spread as either a double layout or single pages.  The size of this book will make storage and the collecting of photos and memories into pages simpler.  

While I enjoyed this relaxed process, it's not to say I will never do more 12x12 pages, in fact, I will be more selective about the photos and memories that become 12x12 pages.


The smash books were great as they already had a patterned paper page that just needed altered in some instances - paint, mists and other bits of paper helped here.  I was able to embellish the pages as I would normally.

I have ordered a CTMH Everyday Life album and My Crush to explore as a way forward with this simpler form of memory keeping...Watch this space (hopefully not till next year Kim).


No comments: