Friday, January 26, 2007

imaginings & openings

The dare from the middle of last week (I think) was to use 'imagine' as the theme for your card, my dream card emerged from this. I smeared it with Lil davis glitter glaze and adhered the letters on top. I stamped with some blue shadow ink - to try not to have too much strenght of colour - that day dreamy, hazy feeling.... Last Friday's dare was to have openings or windows in your card. I used my small retro daisy punch to create a row of flower windows along th ebottom of this birthday card and adhered some 7 gypsies tape in behind them. So what are the tricks for stamping on fabric? It doesn't have the depth of colour I imagined & can you heat emboss on fabric?

There are only 3 kits left of the January kits which are shipping today from the Scrapbook Outlet. These were designed by Yolande & Donna & it looks stunning, watch out for the limited edition designed stamp too :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the SBO limited edition stamps! Loving your cards Lara. Though I have no advice about stamping on fabric.

Anonymous said...

great cards lara :-)

Gillian said...

Gorgeous cards Lara.... It's always exciting to visit your blog and find new treasures...

Lynne said...

Fab cards Lara.

Penny said...

Neat!
Maybe try Stazon ink for stamping on fabric... not sure. Will have to ask my stamping guru friend.

Karen L said...

Love the cards Lara- also inspiring to see your work. Must do a bit more stamping myself - that is if I can ever find the time to scrapbook at the momment.

Jane said...

oh Lara ! I love the daisy card. what a clever idea. just stunning ! well done you !

Kathy said...

Oh that row of little flower apertures looks so cool. I love it!